Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MILAN FASHION WEEK : Dolce and Gabbana AW16

 I don't if it is because I've moved to Italy for a few months or if I genuinely am getting soft in my old age but I liked this collection.
I used to have such 'meh' at Dolce and Gabbana shows. I found the detailing stuffy and over the top. Even when I used to do styling, I found their stuff very difficult to work with. Amazingly, I preferred DVF and Valentino for runway looks.

In recent seasons, I find myself actually liking their pieces. It started with those boxy clutch bags and is now an interest in their overall collections. In fact, their SS16 collection which was inspired by Italy, was one of my favorites from last season. I felt it captured a lot of what I love about Italy.
 
 There still is no mistaking a D&G catwalk but I found myself enjoying this one. In parts, I found a bit of the detailing a bit.....over the top. A cat jumpsuit is ruined by a fussy collar for example but overall, it was cute. Disney themes popping up in the form of oversized patches.  I found myself thinking of matching Disney mention to the correct film.
 I do however think that the collection did not need to be 97 looks long and towards the end I found myself waiting for the gowns. Except none did come. D&G did not send out any gowns in this collection. There were so rather cute military jackets though. I don't quite know how that is going to work come awards season but oh well!



TRENDS TO NOTE :

Disney
Masculine tailoring
patches
sheer
velvet
detailing
box clutch bags
Flowers
Military jackets

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar