I am a sucker for a good skin care product.
I really am.
I can take or leave shoe shopping, don't care about dresses......I spend my money on skincare products. I have a problem. Mind you....my skin doesn't.
I recently rediscovered The Body Shop. I hadn't really shopped there since I was a kid as its expensive in Ireland. I used to love spraying their body sprays all over myself. I recently smelled the Vanilla body spray I used to use while bored in Leeds train station and it was like smelling the stench of my childhood - sweet and overpowering. During my 20s, my skin didn't suit the Body Shop so I left. I used to have a lot of their body butters in every scent imaginable.
So I was interested to read about their Spas of the World collection which launches this month.
The idea is to forget the expensive spa experience and be able to treat yourself at home with spa treatments collected from around the world. There are Japanese, Polynesian, Moroccan and African treatments on offer in a whole range of scrubs, milks, lotions and massage oils.
*How wicked looking is this brush???? I kinda want it. As a make up artist, I collect brushes and have nothing like this one!
The ingredients I am most excited about is the African Ximena Scrub. Right, so, hand picked in Namibia from 'The Tree of Life' the ximenia fruit seeds give the scrub and lotion a rich nourishing oil which smoothes the skin. I am all over this scrub. Also, I have no idea how you pronounce ximena. So I'm honest.
I really want to give this collection a go.
Also on my wish list is the Himalayan Charcoal Body clay. I love a bit of a charcoal treatment for the skin. It draws out deep impurities and just leaves the skin so clean. This is made with charcoal from Bamboo in India.
Oh and interesting fact about the Camellia cream from Japan, women have been using this since the 8th century to soften their skin. Apparently it smells divine as well.








0 Yorumlar