Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

And then my muse...

She had this idea and saw fit to share it with me. 
I really liked the idea and thanked her kindly.

I start with a story blurb to get a feel for the maybes and what ifs. 

Then I cast my protagonist to see if what I am thinking is what SHE is thinking. 

I like to pick an actor or actress who has the attributes I'd want in a main character.  It lets me hear their voice and see things from their perspective.  Without this everyone comes out sounding like me.

At first I decided I wanted Olivia Wilde.
I am most familiar with her from 'House'.  I liked her spunk on the show and thought she had many good qualities.  But something wasn't quite right. 

I thought I had a  problem because she is older than my main character. I told myself that shouldn't bother me.  They do it all the time on the telly.  30 year old actors are playing teenagers. We suspend belief and go with it.

This morning I woke up and knew what the problem was.  13 was never happy.  She had spunk and she had drive but she was not a happy person.

My quest continues.






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar