Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Effortless Honey Dijon

A third, a third, a third, a cup! That is how I've managed to remember the recipe for this lovely dressing...which initially was intended for a Cobb Salad but has since become a particular favorite for just about every salad that we make.
The fact that I've been able to file this one away in my cerebral recipe box (it's the only there one so far) has been a great achievement, because no matter how often I make something, the modus operandi leaves my mind the minute the dishes are washed and put away, and I am then left once again wondering how many eggs go into the scallion tart that I've made a million times! Also, since I can't remember for the life of me where I found the recipe, I'm very thankful that it has stayed neatly tucked away and ready for use at a moment's notice these past few years.

I'm do hope it will become a 'memorable' favorite at your table, as much as it has ours.

Whisk together 1/3 cup Dijon Mustard, 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, and 1/3 cup Honey (I use either Anna's Raspberry or Blackberry Honey). Now whisk in a pinch of salt, a bit of pepper, and about a 1/2 tsp dried tarragon (crush in palm if needed).



Now slowly whisk in 1 cup Olive Oil using the same third cup measure that was used for the previous ingredients...easy-peasy.

Once the mixture is all glisteningly emulsified, let it sit for at least fifteen minutes so the flavors can mingle and get to know each other a bit...then enjoy.

The dressing will keep for quite a while so find a nice little jar or cruet bottle and it should stay in the fridge happily for at least two weeks...if not longer.

Here I paired it with a cucumber and apple salad that we had along side some French Onion & Apple Cider soup...which I cannot believe I made during the *summer* as the soup is usually a fall/winter treat. But since this summer has felt like anything but summer, it was perfect...gooey cheese topping and all!

So tomorrow we're on our way to New Orleans for Mardi Gras (imagination-imagination!) on the last leg of our journey, and then it's back home to Van Gogh's Seattle. And since we were already heading to Louisiana, I decided to save Georgia for another trip (I'm thinking peach orchards!). We did come across some very cool vintage gas pumps along the way though, and now there are visions of having all gas stations turned back into vintage style ones so that getting gas is a much more exciting spectacle...such smart students...I like the idea!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar