Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gut feelings

Here’s the way it looks to me. Unless someone or something drastically changes, the republican presidential nominee will be John McCain and most likely, as I have been saying for a long time, Joe Lieberman will be tapped as his running mate.

Why McCain? Because basically, he is all the Republicans have left. Let’s just say at this point he looks to be the sanest one running amongst a lineup of bizarre folks. Even though most Republicans strongly disagree with his stance on immigration, I think they might hold their noses and vote for him.

I’m sure there are better Republicans out there who would make a much better candidate for their party but they are sitting this one out for at least two reasons. First, whomever becomes the next president will have a humongous pile of problems to deal with, thanks to the crimes and errors of the present administration. Second, it seems a strong wind might be blowing in the Democrats favor.

Should Hillary become the Democrat’s nominee, I fear the Republicans won’t have to hold their noses as tight as they come out in large numbers, not to vote so much for McCain, but to vote against Hillary.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar