Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Miserly March (but in a good way)

 
The 'Your Dictionary' website define miserly as  'someone who is cheap'. (adjective). 
 
The Free Online Dictionary says  about someone who is miserly 'she practices economy without being stingy' and is 'unwilling to spend'. 
 
Well this month when it comes to food shopping that is ME !!
 
I am rising to the challenge of hanging onto as much of my £2 Housekeeping money as possible.  I have put twenty pounds from the £2 Coin tin into my purse and there I am hoping it can stay.  To aid me, in case of any food related emergencies I still have the back up of £15 of M&S vouchers which I managed not to spend last month.  It does help not having a Marks and Spencer near where we live :-)
 
Throughout the month of March to inspire me and keep me on track I will bring back Thrifty Thursdays, with lots of tips on food related money saving that I use on a regular basis.
 
I am going to cook my way through the contents of the freezers ready for a defrost, and hopefully get planting in the greenhouse so that in the next couple of months we will be eating from the Veggie Patch and not the supermarket or greengrocers and freezing the surplus in the newly discovered space.
 
Join me on my Miserly March journey and leave any tips that you think will inspire me.  I'm sure lots of us do the same money saving things but it's always nice to have your mind refreshed and know that you're not the only one out there hanging onto that hard earned cash.
 
Sue xx
 
 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar