Greetings friends! I took a break from working on my ripple crochet blanket to do a quicker project - a Queen Anne's Lace scarf. I'm using a lovely yarn from Knitpicks, called Chroma, my color is Prism.
Queen Anne’s Lace Scarf:
I used worsted weight yarn and an F hook.
Chain 6 and join into a ring.
1: Chain 3, work 13 dc into ring. DO NOT JOIN! Chain 1, turn. Work a sc into next 2 dc. *Chain 4, sc in next 2 dc. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops). Chain 6, turn.
2: Slip stitch into the 1st free ch4 loop. Chain 3,turn. Work 13 dc into the ch6 loop. Slip stitch into the the 1st sc of the 1st motif, chain 1, turn. Sc in next 2 dc. *Chain 4, sc in next 2 dc. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops). Chain 6, turn.
3: Slip stitch in 1st free ch4 loop of adjoining motif, chain 3, turn. Work 13 dc into ch6 loop. Slip stitch in next free ch4 loop of adjoining motif, chain 1, turn. Sc in next 2 dc. *Chain 4, sc in next 2 dc. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops). Slip stitch into next free ch4 loop of adjoining motif. Chain 6, turn.
4:Repeat step 3 for desired scarf length. End off and weave in ends.
This pattern can be done with just about any yarn, but I wouldn’t recommend a boucle or textured yarn, as that would take away from the lacy effect.
======================
Last evening we met our youngest son, Travis, and his 2 and 3 year old boys for dinner. We ordered macaroni and cheese for the boys and I watched, transfixed, while they both ate each and every noodle until there were none left. Dayle picked one noodle up that Hayden dropped with a napkin and put it aside and Hayden insisted he give him back that one noodle. It was hilarious!
When they were done I ordered them both a chocolate sundae. I will *never* forget the look of absolute *JOY* on the face of Caleb and how excited he was! Here he is earnestly beginning his sundae.
Hayden was happy too!
Last.. all of my Christmas cacti are blooming! This one is the white one that I got as a start from my dear Aunt Helyn in Annapolis, MD. She was married to my Dad's younger brother. She'd given me these starts when my sister and I visited her a few years ago and weeks later I found the bag and most of the cuttings were kinda "gone".. so I stuck the remaining cuttings in a pot out on the deck figuring nothing would happen. But it rooted and thrived. Christmas cactus is now one of my favorite plants due to it's ruggedness and beautiful blooms. If you don't have one, you might want to try one!I hope you enjoyed your visit today.. and thanks for the well wishes for hubby, he really enjoys getting to know my blog friends! We actually chat about you all and look forward to your blog posts. And for my readers who don't blog, we learn about you from your lovely comments. My flag counter tells me that I've had people from 100 countries visit my blog. How cool is that?
((hugs)), Teresa :-)




0 Yorumlar