Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Special Buttons

Since buttons are one of my favorites in the studio and my last post of buttons was sweetly accepted, I thought I would show a few more , some may have made their day-view last year but I can always look at more buttons, can't you button gals?


These first buttons are very special to me , They belonged to Ruth, an elderly neighbor whom I feel in love with. Ruth lived next door and was 97 when she died about 5 years ago.
She gave me these buttons out of her sewing cabinet because she knew I collected pretty buttons. These were off of one of her favorites suites back in the 50's  she wore to work at one of the city offices where she worked. She said back then ladies all wore suites, hose & high  heels to work every day . Ladies dressed very proper back then.
I work at a university now and ladies wear tennis shoes and sweatshirts or work out clothes to work!



These are in a jar by themselves with her name in jar so I won't forget where I got them. The white beaded piece is off her wedding dress

I collect mostly white or rhinestone buttons however I think these yellow celluloid buttons are just great


That is a rhinestone button laying on the large white button


I know all of us button people have lots jars of white buttons, however I never get tired of looking and playing with them LOL

                                                         
I have had a good day at home today , after church and eating with the breakfast club LOL I came home and took a nap

Think I'll have a cup hot tea and one or two of my home made chocolate chips cookies I made yesterday







Linky parties I am joining


Metamorphosis Monday                                     Polka a Dot Closet, Bell's ball Gown
Boogieboard Cottage        
Knick of Time                
Ivy & Elephants        
Market Place @ Common Ground  
Savvy Southern Style      
Elizabeth & Co      
It's A Very Cherry World 
Katherines Corner      
The Shabby Creek Cottage                                  
From My Front Porch to Yours                                                
My Romantic Home                                                                           How Sweet The Sound/ Saturday
Blog Hop How Sweet the Sound          The Charm of Home
French Country Cottage            Flaunt it Friday          The Thrifty Groove           Shabbyilicious Friday                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar