For the twelve days of Christmas I am looking back over the twelve months of 2012.
THE FOURTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS - APRIL
On 3rd April we woke up to to snow. There was 8-10 cm of it. I had put my bag of grit and rock salt back in the shed the previous weekend, thinking I wouldn’t need them again. After the incredibly warm weather in March, winter had returned with a vengeance.
Then only three days later, we were in our little French house, the sun was shining and there were flowers everywhere. It was from the sublime to the ridiculous – or rather the other way round – and it was bliss.
During our first holiday of the year we spent a lot of time on the terrace in the sunshine, eating outdoors almost every day.
And Lulu had a close encounter with an angry mother goat. Which luckily was on the other side of a strong fence !!

0 Yorumlar