We have all witnessed a good idea, person, movie or team that was well intentioned and carefully planned, but somehow thudded to the ground like a brick of lead. Let’s stroll through memory lane to remember a few gems from our collective past.
#10 – Buffalo Bills
Not exactly a failure, but definitely not a success. Recipients of the 2nd place red ribbon for a record 4 straight Super Bowls (err, Big Games). Wide right!
#9 – Coors Sparkling Water
Coors sold bottled water? They should have just changed the label on their beer cans. Like the saying goes, “What does having sex in a canoe and American Macro Brews have in common? They’re both $#@%-ing close to water.”
# 8 – 2007 New York Mets
Up seven with 17 to play, and Glavine’s seven runs given up in the first of the last game sealed the Metropolitans fate.
#7 – Windows Vista
A platform hyped to no end that has essentially turned my home computer into one very large digital photo disk.
#6 – Michael Dukakis
Remember this guy? Didn’t think so. Oh think of how the 2000 election would have been so much different if he just hadn’t sat in that damn tank.
#5 – Any movie with Eddie Murphy after Coming to America in which he physically appears
Pluto Nash, BHC3, Vampire in Brooklyn, The Nutty Professor I & II, Doctor Doolittle, I Spy, Daddy Day Care, The Haunted Mansion, Norbit, Meet Dave, Pluto Nash (I had to include that one twice). Party All the Time, Eddie!
#4 – Chris Gaines
Garth Brooks alter-EGO. Stick to the twang my friend.
#3 – New Coke
I remember this abomination when I had my first taste as a kid at a McDonalds. I did not like, but I liked Like!
#2 – E.T. The Video Game
A horrific mash-up of bad programming and a plot that nowhere near resembled the original movie plot. The game essentially killed Atari, but did make for an excellent episode of Code Monkeys. A massive inventory of unsold games was crushed and buried in an Alamogordo landfill. At least they didn’t bury them at sea, ahem, Sy Berger!
#1 – Yesterday’s Post
The new Ishtar of the baseball card blogosphere… Yeah, me! I will soldier on though.
#1 – Yesterday’s Post
The new Ishtar of the baseball card blogosphere… Yeah, me! I will soldier on though.










0 Yorumlar