Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My wife went to Stonehenge ....

....and all I got were some lousy baseball cards. 

OK, so I got these at Target. But the rest is true. My wife is off on a two week trip to England and Scotland which means I can watch anything I want, eat anything I want and not make the bed.


That pic above is dawn on Sunday at Stonehedge. The pic below is a green Gypsy Queen card. I've been pretty 'meh' when it comes to GQ every year. But these green bordered ones are pretty nice.


I bought a three-pack hanger of these which had a coupon attached that entitled me to a free pack of Opening Day. I didn't get anything spectacular in these GQ packs.


I needed a card of Jim Johnson in a Braves uni for my fantasy BB binder. Here it is.


Brad Ziegler looks like Jimmy Buffett on the tail end of a five day bender.


I got an Oriole! Alert the media!


I also needed a card of Jays' stopper Roberto Osuna. The good news is I got one. The bad news is it was this one:


It's one of those phony-ass stupid fake misprint missing color plate things. C'mon man...this looks like one of the cards that a card shop I used to frequent in west Houston had in their window display for a decade and a half. I don't want a sun bleached card. I'm not putting this in my fantasy binder. #thanksObama

This next one is worse.


No name. I hate sets that don't have players names on the front. They made this another phony variation. Pfffffft. I don't want to turn the card over to find out who he is. 


Opening Day is fine and dandy if irrelevant to me. Having said that I liked quite a few of the cards. Francisco Lindor is always having a good time playing ball. I like this kid a lot.


A double Cutch hot pack. I got his regular and his shiny card both. He's not hitting his weight and I have him on BOTH of my teams. I'm keeping the faith though. Talent will out in the end.


Getting two Birds in one pack is unheard of!



I got a card of a sandwich.


And a card of whatever this is.


Another Indian showing emotion. Miller is excited, not doing some dopey choreographed preening. Good for him.


I needed this card weeks ago. So I bought one on eBay. Then I got one in my first pack of Opening Day. Then I got this one in this pack of Opening Day. Sigh.


While I was standing there in the card aisle at Target something possessed me to buy a pack of Bowman. I usually end up with Bowman cards thru COMC or eBay because I like to stash minor leaguers on my teams. Lots of times their only readily available card is a Bowman.

This is a shiny chromified card of a guy I don't know.


here are the cards of guys I've heard of.



And here is a shiny, reflective 2017 version of Bowman's 1951 Duke Snider card. I love the '51 Bowman set and Duke's card in it is pretty sweet. This is the best card I got in the whole stack!


As I walked out of Target I spotted a Dollar Tree store in the same center. And yes, I DID venture in to see what they had for a buck. I'll save that answer for another post.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar